March 22, 2021
14 Great Customer Engagement Ideas for 2021
What are your business goals for 2021 (and beyond)? Does it include implementing great customer engagement ideas? If you’re like most businesses, you’re likely searching for ways to scale your business. This means finding methods to increase your revenue, growth, and expansion. But getting here is another story.
You can take various steps to make this happen, but you’ll find it’s impossible to achieve if your focal point isn’t on your customers. And right now, they’re demanding a great customer experience.
For instance, did you know 43% of buyers are more likely to buy if it means getting a better customer experience? We also find that fully-engaged customers represent a 23% higher share in profitability, revenue, and relationship growth.
So if you’re not already prioritizing improving your customer engagement, then you’re missing out on an opportunity to develop customer relationships and grow your business.
Let’s explore this further and then jump into great customer engagement ideas.
What is Customer Engagement?
Why is Customer Engagement Important?
Customer engagement can benefit your business, no matter how large or small it is. And what makes it great is how accessible it is (thanks to the digital world we live in). You can use multiple online channels and methods to connect with and engage your customers.
When you use these channels properly and boost customer engagement, you can see benefits like:
- Enhanced customer loyalty: Engaging your customers means you’re building meaningful relationships with them. And in doing so, you’re creating a group of loyal fans and brand advocates.
- A competitive edge: With a well-oiled customer engagement plan, you can ensure you’re consistently delivering a great experience. And it helps to differentiate your brand from the others who don’t prioritize the customer experience.
- Increased revenue: When you have loyal customers, it’s easier and faster to grow your business profits.
What Makes Up a Good Customer Engagement?
So you may be wondering what good customer engagement looks like. It can differ based on the type of business you have and how your brand interacts with its customers.
For example, the customer engagement you’ll find at a brick and mortar isn’t the same as what you’ll find as with an online SaaS company. However, you’ll find there are key elements that make up customer engagements. This includes the following:
Customer Touchpoint Engagement
Real Examples Showing Great Customer Engagement Ideas
Before we delve into our list of great customer engagement ideas, we wanted to showcase real-world examples. These are brands you may be familiar with and how they use customer engagement to grow their businesses.
And as you’d guess, it involved customers getting the chance to taste test different varieties of rare coffees. At the same time, they were also able to speak with coffee specialists and ask questions.
After this initiative, word got out, and it led to a burst in new leads each month — from 30 inquiries monthly to a whopping 2,000 monthly. And it increased customer retention rates from 91% to 95%.
What Are the Best Examples of Using Technology for Customer Engagement?
The web made it so businesses can better enhance customer engagement (and experiences) from wherever they are. So it’s no surprise that technologies would emerge to help engage customers.
But what are effective tools that create great customer engagement?
Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Email marketing tools: These are used to nurture leads into customers and then maintain communication with them after they convert.
- Popup tools: These platforms help to capture leads and customers before they leave your website.
- Social media: Starting and joining conversations with your audience can help to build relationships and your authority in the industry.
- SMS marketing tools: Just about everyone’s on their smartphones these days. So reaching out to them there is a smart move for brands.
- Desktop push notifications: Enabling customers to allow your site to alert them about deals, messages, and other notifications can keep your brand engaged with customers.
These are just some of the ways technologies are used to boost customer engagement.
What Are Some Good Customer Engagement Platforms?
With the right customer engagement platforms, you’ll be able to drive revenue and conversions. This is possible because you’ll be able to measure the right metrics and attribute outcomes to each of your campaigns.
Here’s a look at some of the methods you can use today:
Using analytics tools to try and understand your customers can be time-consuming and challenging. And in some cases, you may miss the mark by a long shot. Occasionally, the best way to learn about your target audience is to simply ask them. You can do this with survey platforms like SurveyMonkey and Typeform.
Sending messages to your customers regularly is essential to maintaining relationships. But what if you could spice things up by sending something a bit more memorable? You can do that with corporate gifting. You can use Sending Platforms like Sendoso to personalize and brand your gifts to make a great first (or lasting) impression on new customers (and existing clients).
Customer Churn Tracking
What Are Engagement Strategies?
Engagement strategies include which channels to adopt to better connect with their audience. It also covers your brand messaging (which should be tailored to each persona), and methods to capture attention (ads, gifting, contests, etc.).
If you’re not already using customer engagement strategies, then make 2021 the year you start. Here’s a list of 14 of the most effective customer engagement strategies.
What is the Best Way to Plan Customer Engagement?
Putting together a plan for customer engagement is simple. You just need the right data and insights to make it work. Here’s an overview of the steps to take to build a customer engagement strategy:
- Develop a profile for your ideal customer(s)
- Create a professional website that looks trustworthy and attractive
- Get to know your customers using a pre-chat survey
- Understand what drives your customers
- Make mistakes and learn from them
- Use co-browsing to aid customers (allows agents to help customers find what they need)
- Learn from your teams (sales, customer service, and marketing) and align them to build a customer-centric strategy and culture
- Monitor your results and tweak your strategy as needed
Next, let’s review what customer engagement strategies you can use to enhance your business’s customer experience.
Customer Engagement Strategy #1: Build Your Brand Voice
Customer Engagement Strategy #2: Create a "Tag a Friend" Contest On Social
Customer Engagement Strategy #3: Personalize All Customer Communications
Customer Engagement Strategy #4: Deliver an Omnichannel Customer Experience
Customer Engagement Strategy #5: Use Live Chat for Real-Time Engagement
Customer Engagement Strategy #6: Reward Your Most Engaged Customers
Customer Engagement Strategy #7: Send Customers a Personalized Gift
Customer Engagement Strategy #8: Conduct Customer Surveys
Customer Engagement Strategy #9: Establish Your Presence On Social Media
Customer Engagement Strategy #10: Re-Engage Your Quiet Customers
Customer Engagement Strategy #11: Create Content that's Useful and Valuable
Customer Engagement Strategy #12: Make Sure to Regularly Communicate with Customers
Customer Engagement Strategy #13: Measure Customer Engagement
Customer Engagement Strategy #14: Adopt the Right Tools for Customer Engagement
Start Building a Winning Customer Engagement Plan
Building a great customer experience is no longer an option — if you continue to ignore this, you’ll hurt your chances of winning new customers (and keeping them). So the best thing to do now is to start planning and implementing strategies focused on improving customer engagement for 2021.
Hopefully, this guide gives you the jumpstart you need to brainstorm the approach you’ll take with your customer engagement plan.
For more ideas on how to engage customers, schedule your free Sendoso demo today.