September 18, 2020
9 Organizations to Donate to in Support of Wildfire Victims
As the dust begins to settle in some parts of the region, firefighters, paramedics, and displaced residents of the affected communities are left to pick up the pieces and carry on as best as they can. For some, the fight still continues.
Charitable giving brings people together around common causes, and our Sending Platform enables Sendoso customers to give everything from direct mail experiences and personalized gifts, to Sendoso Choice eGift cards with funds that can be donated to Charity on Top. Sendoso Choice Charity on Top eGift card recipients can select from millions of nationally recognized and local charity organizations to donate amounts of $10-$500 dollars—making the world a better place one send at a time.
Charity on Top partners include several organizations supporting wildfire victims like Direct Relief, so recipients of Sendoso Charity on Top eGift cards can do their part to create human connections one send at a time.
If you or one of your prospects, employees, family members, or friends have been affected by the west coast wildfires, please know that Sendoso stands with you during this difficult time.
Here is a list of organizations you can support right now that are providing aid and relief to all those in need:
9 Ways You Can Support Wildfire Victims and First Responders Right Now:
Victims and Evacuees:
- GoFundMe’s Wildfire Relief Fund: The fundraising platform has set up their own relief fund that distributes grants to several individual and community campaigns.
- The United Way California and The United Way Oregon: The United Way is working around the clock to deliver emergency resources like basic needs and housing to displaced families. to those affected current and long-term recovery assistance, basic needs, and housing to displaced families.
- American Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund: The American Red Cross is making it easy to lend support. You can text “WILDFIRES” to 90999 to make a $10 donation, write a check with “California Wildfires,” “Oregon Wildfires,” or “Washington Wildfires” in the memo line and mail it to your local Red Cross chapter, or volunteer your services.
- Global Giving: Global Giving enables companies to expand their philanthropic efforts and connects them to nonprofits and in nearly every country in the world.
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy: The CDP is transforming disaster giving by providing timely and thoughtful strategies to increase donors’ impact during domestic and global disasters and humanitarian crises.
Firefighters and First Responders:
- California Fire Foundation: The California Fire Foundation provides emotional and financial assistance to firefighters, families of fallen firefighters, and the communities they protect.
- Wildland Firefighter Foundation: The Wildland Firefighter Foundation’s main focus is to help the families of firefighters killed in the line of duty and to assist injured firefighters and their families.
- Direct Relief: Direct Relief equips first responders, doctors, and nurses with life-saving resources like medicine and N-95 masks.
- National First Responders Fund: The NFRF lends support like post-traumatic stress treatment, cancer prevention, outreach and activation.
Learn more about how you and your team can #SendForGood with Sendoso’s Charity on Top eGift option by scheduling your custom demo today.