September 14, 2021
16 Appreciation Emails to Team Examples to Steal
But sometimes, sending appreciation emails can get tricky. If you send out too many, you might end up sounding like a broken record. And if you send out too few, you might miss an opportunity to acknowledge their hard work.
So how do you strike the perfect balance between being appreciative and keeping your employees motivated? We’ll show 16 examples of appreciation emails your management team can steal to inspire their employees.
Why is it Important to Send Appreciation Emails to Team Members?
A simple “thank you” goes a long way. Not only does it lift your mood, it also helps motivate you. This is why it’s vital for managers to show regular appreciation. Sending a quick note of gratitude will remind your team you value their contributions. And it shows you care about them personally and professionally.
What’s the difference?
- Recognition: An acknowledgment focusing on one person at a time—usually someone who performed well during a project. You may recognize someone with a reward, such as a gift card, cash bonus, etc., but not everyone needs to be recognized individually. Recognizing groups of people motivates and encourages teamwork.
- Appreciation: Recognizing something specific about someone. For example, saying “Thank you so much for helping me finish my presentation.” Or “I really enjoyed working together on the marketing campaign.”
Tying together the two will ensure you’re providing the attention and admiration your team needs to feel valued.
When Should You Send a Thank You Letter to Employees?
Have a large team you’d like to express appreciation for? Consider writing one big message instead of individually addressing each person. That way, you won’t forget anyone. Plus, it saves you tons of extra time.
Here are three ways to write an impactful thank-you email:
- Start off by thanking them for everything they’ve done for your organization. Then move into specific details about their performance. For example, “I am pleased to announce that we received over $100 million dollars in new contracts.” Or maybe mention a project where they were instrumental in getting the job completed successfully.
- Keep it short and sweet. Don’t go overboard with lengthy paragraphs. Instead, stick to two to five sentences at most. And remember not to use too many exclamation points (if any). They come across as fake and insincere.
- Keep it personal. Make sure to include how much you admire them. Tell them why you think they deserve praise. And let them know that you truly appreciate them.
How Often Should You Send Thank You Letters?
The frequency depends on the size of your workforce. If you work with just five people, then sending out a few emails once per month would probably suffice. However, if you manage 100+ individuals, then you may want to send out a couple of notes per month.
The idea is to send just enough to ensure your team knows you truly appreciate all the good things they’ve done. Like when someone achieves a goal (both personal and professional).
Remember that your goal isn’t necessarily to get a response back—you want to acknowledge their hard work and dedication.
How Do You Write a Good Appreciation Email?
A simple but effective approach is to start with a general thanks followed by a list of specifics. Here’s what you could say:
“Thank you for helping me complete my goals on X. It was great working alongside you!”
“Thanks again for being such an amazing teammate! I really appreciated your help while completing Y.”
You can also make note of any particular contributions made during the course of the year. Maybe you mentioned in your annual review that they helped you secure a promotion. In which case, you could follow up with a brief note saying something along the lines of:
“It means a lot that you took the initiative to recommend me for the position. Thanks for stepping forward and making my career path brighter.”
Next, let’s review 16 examples of appreciation emails you can use for your team.
16 Appreciation Email Examples to Send to Your Team
1. Sample Appreciation Email to Team
Hi Guys – Just wanted to drop you a quick line letting you know I enjoyed meeting everyone last night. The food was delicious, the company was fun, and the conversation flowed easily. Your efforts were greatly appreciated. All of us look forward to seeing you next Thursday. Have a wonderful day.
2. Sample Appreciation Letter to Employee
As always, thank you so much for doing such an excellent job managing this department. Everyone loves having you around because you’re very efficient and organized. Keep up the good work!
3. Sample Appreciation Email for a Project
I’m writing to express my gratitude towards you and your team for taking care of everything with the new website launch. You guys did an awesome job from beginning to end. Everything went smoothly and we had no hiccups whatsoever. Thank you for staying up late nights to get this project done. I’m glad we chose to partner with you instead of going through another web design agency.
4. Sample Appreciation Email to Colleague
Just wanted to take a moment to tell you how grateful I am for your assistance on the project. As usual, it was a pleasure working with you and I hope to continue collaborating in the future.
5. Sample Appreciation Email Thanking a Vendor
We would like to extend our sincere thanks for providing us with quality products at competitive prices. Our customers are extremely happy with the results—we will definitely be ordering from you again soon.
6. Sample Appreciation Email for Teamwork Skills
This week was one of the most challenging weeks of my life. However, despite all the hurdles, we still managed to accomplish our goals. I think that means we’ve got some pretty strong teamwork skills going around here. This makes me feel proud as a leader. So, please accept my heartfelt congratulations on a job well done.
7. Sample Appreciation Email for Continuous Service
Thank you for continuing to provide great customer service over the past few years. It’s nice to see someone who genuinely cares about their clients’ needs. I truly appreciate your hard work and dedication. Please keep up the outstanding performance!
8. Sample Appreciation Email Promoting Employee Wellbeing
Thanks for being there when I needed help. I really value your support and advice. It helps me stay focused on what matters most. I wish you continued success in your professional endeavors.
9. Sample Appreciation Email After Promotion
Congratulations on your promotion! I want to wish you well on your new journey—I know you’ll be an awesome boss and do a fantastic job leading this group.
10. Sample Appreciation Email for Out of the Box Thinkers
You’re not only smart but also creative. That’s why I love working with you. Thanks for thinking outside the box and helping make our business better. I’m sure you can come up with many other ways to improve our operations. Let’s brainstorm ideas together.
11. Sample Appreciation Email for Work Ethic
It takes courage to stand out from the crowd. Your willingness to go above and beyond is admirable. I enjoy working with people who put others before themselves. In fact, I’d say you’re the perfect person to lead this division. Thank you for going the extra mile!
12. Sample Appreciation Email for Leadership
Your leadership style inspires confidence within everyone under your supervision. The entire department looks forward to seeing what you bring next. Keep doing whatever it is you’re doing because it works!
13. Sample Appreciation Email for Work Anniversary
Happy anniversary! I just wanted to send along a quick note congratulating you. I know you deserve every bit of happiness in your life. I look forward to celebrating another year with you. Have fun tonight!
14. Sample Appreciation Email for Increased Customer Satisfaction
I wanted to thank you personally for taking such good care of our customers during these tough economic times. You always respond quickly and professionally whenever they need something fixed or replaced. I appreciate your efforts so much!
15. Sample Appreciation Email For Help With Project Management
As promised, I wanted to give you a small token of my gratitude for all your contributions to our company. I sincerely believe that without your expertise, we wouldn’t be where we are today.
16. Sample Appreciation Email for Referring a Candidate
I’m writing to express my sincere thanks for referring XYZ to the XYZ position we have open. I enjoyed getting to know you through this process and would like to take advantage of this opportunity by expressing how grateful I am for having had the chance to meet you. Thank you again for making this possible.
Make your team feel valued
There are many ways you can make a team member feel valued. You can give awards. Send an appreciation email. Or even mail a personalized gift with a hand-written thank-you note.
You can do this with the help of Sendoso, a Sending Platform. It streamlines gift-sending by allowing you to choose a present from one of our partners (or Amazon). And then we will package and ship it for you (including a hand-written note).
It’s the perfect way to spice up your appreciation letter. Interested? Then read more about how Sendoso helps engage workers.