- Focus on different digital marketing channels for a high level of success.
- To increase your conversion rates, make sure your website is easy to navigate and responsive.
- Create and share content across social media channels to maximize exposure.
This is part two of a two-part series on digital marketing strategies with high ROI. For part one, check out Digital Marketing ROI in 2022.
In order to achieve digital marketing success across different channels, focus on strategies that offer a high return on investment (ROI). In 2022, the top digital marketing strategies with the highest ROI will fuel revenue growth. Here are five of them:
1. Conversion Rate Optimization
Increasing website conversions is always a high priority for businesses, and for good reason—it can have a huge impact on revenue. A 1% increase in conversion rates can lead to a 10% increase in profits!
Take your conversion rate optimization to the next level by following these best practices:
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate and responsive.
- A/B test landing pages and other elements of the digital experience.
- Reduce friction points—such as forms that ask for too much information, or popups that interrupt the digital journey—so customers go from “visitor” to “lead” with ease.
2. PPC Services
A pay-per-click model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, it’s a method of acquiring site visits, or number of clicks, rather than attempting to “earn” them organically.
- Paid search is still one of the most effective digital marketing channels available today.
- It offers an immediate way to reach your target audience and generate leads and sales.
Digital marketing statistics show that PPC advertisements have a 200% ROI and 65% of customers click on PPC ads.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a digital marketing strategy that helps your customers find you online. It focuses on improving your ranking in search engine results for keywords related to your business.
- This powerful strategy drives ROI by improving organic traffic to your website and increasing the likelihood that potential customers will find you.
- Whereas PPC campaigns are known for their rapid returns, SEO campaigns commonly have ROIs upwards of 700% but over long-term sales growth.
- One of the benefits of SEO is that it runs constantly in the background, gaining returns with ease.
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy that uses email to promote your products or services. It’s one of the most effective ways to reach and engage your audience. And, it’s an excellent way to build relationships with potential and current customers.
In research done by Campaign Monitor, more than 50% of users prefer to get updates from the brands they follow through email!
5. Social Media Marketing
This marketing strategy includes creating and sharing content across social media platforms, such as:
According to a study by Forrester Research, businesses with successful marketing campaigns that create 16 or more pieces of content per month saw leads jump 66%. That’s because social media is one of the best ways to reach new leads in the short term.
With billions of active users on social media, investing in social media marketing can be a highly effective way to build brand awareness, increase sales, and use social listening to connect with your target audience. As an added bonus, social media marketing is one of the most cost-effective tactics for marketing budgets
Digital Marketing Strategies Best Practices
As you reboot your digital marketing strategies to be more effective, be sure to follow these best practices:
- Focus on digital channels that attract and engage your target customers.
- Measure and analyze digital marketing results. You can use tools like Google Analytics or Facebook Ads Manager to do this easily.
- Take advantage of multichannel marketing opportunities by using digital media with traditional marketing, such as direct sending campaigns.
Get off to a great start by setting clear goals and determining your preferred metrics for measuring overall ROI. Set digital marketing goals that are aligned with your overall business strategy.
Don’t waste your initial investment trying to measure too many key performance indicators. Instead, focus on just a few KPIs that are directly related to your goals. KPIs are not only useful for tracking the success of your campaign’s objectives, but they also allow you to set clear expectations for your marketing team.
With a core set of KPIs in place, you can prevent any miscommunication or misunderstanding about what you’re trying to achieve. This will help you put more effort into digital marketing, which can increase ROI.
Don’t forget to test often and thoroughly. Measuring digital marketing ROI is pointless if you’re not constantly testing and tweaking your campaigns to see what works best.
Successful digital marketers trust their instincts and take risks to get impressive results. If a digital campaign performs well, they’ll do it again while improving and expanding on what works.